Cohley Product Update: January 2023
We’ve been hard at work this past month improving our platform to make Cohley even more valuable for you. We hope you enjoy these updates as much as we do!
Here’s a quick summary:
- Cover PayPal fees for creators
- Improvements to Influencer Briefs
- Review Briefs have a new flow
- And more!
Introducing the ability to cover PayPal fees!
Did you know that creators don’t receive the full amount you pay via a brief? PayPal takes a 3.49% + $0.30 fee. Now, when you edit or create a new brief, you can choose to cover this amount by simply checking a box. The creator will then see the accurate take-home amount.
In this example, you will see that your payment per creator will actually be $259.22 to cover these fees. Cohley will still help you budget for your brief by reflecting this new rate each time a creator is accepted into the brief.
With these changes, we are also ensuring that briefs aren’t changed once a creator has been accepted to your brief, with 3 exceptions:
Increasing payment amounts
Changing/adding questions if apply by date is still in the future
Watch this video walkthrough to learn more about how covering PayPal fees works in the platform.
Note: these options are not yet available for professional briefs but will be added when this brief type is converted to the new brief template.
Influencer Briefs: Add Questions and Ask for Example Video content
Ready to add an additional question to an influencer brief or ask them for example video content? You can now launch an influencer brief in our new and updated template to ensure that deliverables are clear to each creator and they are reminded to show the logo, remove all stickers, etc. when uploading content prior to approval.
When adding your deliverables, include posting instructions under the ‘deliverables’ section in brief creation as shown below:
We will continue adding improvements to ensure creator and brand communication is seamless, so please reach out with feedback!
We've Expanded our Creator Network
Cohley added over 1K new users to the platform in December and we're improving the way brands can view them. Thus, we have added a few things for them…
- They now will be able to add a profile photo - no more gray avatars
- They can update their websites and add URLs for their portfolio
Review Briefs have a New Flow
Review briefs have been updated to the stepper flow - meaning you can specify do’s/don’ts and add an additional brief question to your review briefs! We think it looks pretty snazzy:
- Clear deliverables for creators regarding reviews that should be left on a PDP
- Reminders for creators to include items in their review:
As a reminder, this change does mean that you cannot edit or copy old briefs. Any briefs that were in draft have been manually recreated on your behalf.
Reach out to your CSM with any questions or feedback!
- Character limits in fields that were previously causing errors are now clearly displayed
- Directions for photos and video deliverables can now be formatted (bullets, numbers, bold, hyperlink)
- Easily move through brief creation without having all fields complete. Even click on the left-hand page labels to assist with navigation! Final validation will be done when ‘Launch Brief’ is selected.
- Live briefs can change the ‘apply by date’ to the past so that it is removed from creator view immediately
- A few creator issues have also been fixed so that they may accurately update their profile and display their video skills. These will soon be added to your filtering options!
Product Success Story: Gated Questions
In a recent campaign, a user at leading power tools company, Bosch, needed to work with a very specific type of creator. Using the new gated question feature, the user was able to ask, "Have you used power tools professionally or worked in a professional construction setting?"
With the gated question, Bosch saved tons of time narrowing down creators that could actually be viable options. If there was a "no" for that question, they automatically knew they couldn't move forward with that creator and were able to dedicate more time to the creators' applications that were a potential fit!
Curious about product updates from previous months? Check out all of our updates in our Product Update Blog.
Written by Michelle Green
Day to day Michelle is a bug finder, feature requester, business owner, and sales leader answering the question "how can we disrupt and grow revenue faster?" Michelle focuses on creating products and systems that can scale with easy-to-use functionality, automated reporting, and results that speak for themselves.